We are looking for a part time Programme Manager to design, implement and communicate a series of regular events on the future of finance for The Finance Innovation Lab.
The role will include:
- Finding sponsors and securing venues
- Identifying participants and managing the invitation process
- Managing the logistics on the day/evening
- Helping to implement the communications activities of the Lab
- Writing up key findings and sharing on our website and feeding into team’s learning
- Promoting the events and key insights among The Lab community and relevant audiences
- Managing the Lab’s social media channels, where appropriate
- Managing enquiries about The Finance Innovation Lab
Skills & experience
- A skilled writer. Able to demonstrate they can simplify complex messages into punchy and inspiring prose.
- Demonstrable experience in communications strategy and implementation
- Demonstrable experience in events management
- Knowledge of WordPress, Mailchimp, Twitter, ning and video would be helpful, although training can be given
The perfect candidate will be:
- Personally aligned with the Lab’s intention ‘to incubate and accelerate new forms of prosperity, for people and planet’ and able to demonstrate that this is true
- Someone who has an ambition to grow with the Lab and its work and is driven to do the best work they’ve ever done
- An achiever with a positive can do attitude. The Lab is a dynamic place and we need someone who can hit the ground running and who can’t wait to get started
- Able to deliver fun but professional events and communications
- Self-responsible. Will take responsibility for the things they care about and own up to mistakes
- Able to demonstrate ‘inner mastery’. We are a learning organisation and are committed to personal development. This requires taking time for self-reflection, curiosity and an openness to improve. Exploring things that went badly is as important to us, as celebrating our success
- Able to demonstrate relational mastery. The Lab is a very collaborative place. We’re looking for someone who has an understanding of how their behaviour impacts others and of the energy they give off to other people. We look for evidence of self-awareness and the ability to meaningfully connect with others.
This is the chance to be part of an award winning project (we were voted one of the 50 most radical ideas in the UK, by NESTA and The Observer in January), doing ground-breaking work on systems change in finance.
We are committed to action learning and there will be an opportunity to learn lots of innovative skills from how to host dynamic, original workshops through to the latest thinking on peer-to-peer lending market in the UK.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in:
- The future of finance
- How to design and host a systems change project
- Innovation processes
- New media as a means to communicate complex ideas
- 2 days a week
- £300 a day for 6 months
- Reporting to Rachel Sinha
We are keen to get started on this work as soon as possible and look forward to hearing from you if you have an interest in this exciting opportunity.
Please send a CV and a brief summary of why you want to work with The Finance Innovation Lab and what you can bring to this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org